This week I'm celebrating the state of Wisconsin, just because I can.
The love of water, among other things, runs deep in me.
Wisconsin Week: Green Bay Sunsets
I love sunsets and will hop up out of my chair, walk down to the water or step out of a restaurant to go and enjoy the moment. Yes, I am that person. In fact, I'll be that person again in just a few days.
Wisconsin is blessed with an abundance of water, so you can have your sunset shots at your choice of rivers, lakes and streams. For me in the past 10 years, my favorite shots have been in Door County of the sun setting over Green Bay.
Fun Wisconsin water facts to impress your friends:
- The Great Lakes contain a fifth of all the liquid surface fresh water on earth
- Wisconsin has more than 15,000 lakes
- Almost 3% of Wisconsin's total area is lakes
- Wetlands and abundant high-quality water make Wisconsin the nation’s top producer of cranberries and 10th-largest producer of trout
- Wisconsin has more than 500,000 registered motorboats—about one for every 10 residents
Trivia from Wisconsin's Water Library